Careers at Lexington
Part of Lexington’s Mission Statement is “to be the best possible employer.” This means that we go to great lengths to make Lexington a great place to work, a place where employees feel valued, nurtured and respected. Employees find fulfilling, meaningful careers here and enjoy being part of our family. For the second year in a row, Lexington was selected as one of the Albany Times Union Top Workplaces. In fact, we're the #1 Large Workplace in the entire Capital Region! In 2017, we were voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in all of New York State!
Our growing, innovative organization offers career opportunities in a variety of areas including direct support, health care, accounting, maintenance, transportation and management. If you are mature, compassionate and want to become a teacher, friend and/or mentor who supports and cares for people with disabilities, Lexington may have the perfect job for you.
Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
For more information, call the Human Resources Department at (518) 775-5439. To apply, either fill out an application at 127 East State St., Gloversville, NY, submit an application online or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get a realistic preview of what a DSP does on a daily basis, please view this video created by NYSACRA.
For Full-Time Employees:
- Medical Plan with Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Program
- Dental Plan
- Free Employee Life/AD&D Insurance for you
- Supplemental Life/AD&D option for you and your dependents
- Supplemental Short Term Disability Insurance for you
- Supplemental Long Term Disability Insurance for you
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care
- FMLA/Military/Jury Duty/Bereavement Leave
- Tuition Assistance Program**
- Paid Time Off
- 10 agency-paid holidays
- 3 personal days
- 9 sick days
- Up to 4 weeks vacation time annually
For Full- & Part-Time Employees:
- 401(k) Savings
- 403(b) TDA
- Guardian Vision
- Employee Assistance Plan with Work/Life Benefit Resource & Referral Program
For All Employees:
- **Free Telemedicine benefit for employees and eligible dependents
- Free Flu Shots for employees
- Wellness activities and incentives
- BJ’s Wholesale Club discounted membership
- Verizon Wireless discount
- Sprint– 15% discount on services and products
- Discounts with Shepard and Mirabito Oil
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Free access to Fitness Connect Centers (available through CDPHP)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Food Co-op through Tri-City Foods
- On-line Defensive Driving Course - only $24.95
- Wade Tours – 5% discount
- Discounted Theme Park Tickets
- Retirement Planning Assistance
- SUNY Empire State College - Discount during 1st term of enrollment
- Direct Deposit
*Employee must meet eligibility requirements. Benefit plans may be amended, revoked, suspendedor terminated at the Agency’s sole discretion. **Family Directed Respite Aides and Temporary Employees are not eligible for Telemedicine.